Saturday, September 29, 2007

I want to improve

There are certain days when you can’t look over the obvious deficiencies you have in life. And these deficiencies are something which I have already known but have never worked on it because I have never felt that it could hurt somebody. But then as you mature you realize you need to change. So from today onwards I would like to change my self. I think I don’t have enough will power to change so putting it in black and white always helps. There are certain expect that I would like to change about myself and these are:

1) I have always been a person who has sought attention and enjoyed it. I would like to change this as I don’t think this is a healthy sign. It leads to unnecessary tension when you don’t get it and then you think of the possible reasons. So from today onwards I would like to have a low profile. I would and should try to make my presence in any group as low as possible
2) Secondly in any relationship I think I expect a little too much and I think I don’t give as much to the relationship as I should. I think keeping expectations low is a way of healthy relationships. After all an individuals interest is more important than anybody to him/her and to expect anything else is not fair. Although this is not an easy job to do but I would try to implement this.
3) I think I need to organize myself better and from today onwards I would try to maximize the utilization of my time. This is something that I did in the first term here at IIM B but then some how I lost this capability. I need to be more focused and damn it I would be.
4) I judge people very quickly and also base my judgment on other people’s judgment. Although I am open and change my judgment later but I should not draw conclusions this fast.

I seriously hope that today is the dawn of something new which makes me a better person. I think enough effort would go into making me a better person. I hope I have enough will to do it!!

1 comment:

LoonyTalk said...

Any reflections about the progress made in the past six months? :P