Saturday, March 08, 2008

Good Bye

It is time to say good bye to the place which has been home for last 2 years. I will be leaving IIM Bangalore tomorrow with a heavy heart. What a turn around? I hated this place in till the end of first year but few weeks into my second year post my summer internship I was in love with this place. This place has given me all...fame, riches (definitely in the future),knowledge, confidence and above all it has given me few gems as my friends and for this reason alone I would never forget this place. This is my second time in a hostel environment and I must say I have not enjoyed any part of it more than my second year stay at IIMB. You enjoy becoz of your company and H-Mezz rocked. It was a great experience... all the batchmates were amazing... all the night outs we put together mugging, doing projects .. some just dicussing... all the time we spent dicussing on trivial(do mosquitos have eyes?? :P) and not so trivial things (how to improve the placement process). The juniors at H-Mezz were also amazing. It was great fun to intereact with you guys. Apart from it the juniors, seniors and batchmates with whom I interacted frequently were all great fun. Finally it would be amiss not to mention A^2 and Swati who made my life here much easier. The nights we spent together playing 29 or generally chatting was great fun and I would miss that too. I would miss the fact that they were always there when I needed them the most. So were Pabbo, Sahil and Patil. I could not imagine IIM Banalore without you guys. It was just great knowing you guys and I wish that all of us will one day assemble back at one place and have a great time together.

One another key reason why I liked IIM B was the fact that I was given respect here. I was an important pesonality who was looked up to be it acads or be it sports field. People always gave me respect. I was the one to whom they approached to clarify their acad doubts and it made me feel good about myself. I would also remember this place for the 5 days I was part of the placement process during our senior's final. It was one of the most gratifying feeling to be part of the process. Vikasana another entity that would remain with me forver. My first full time experience with social activity. It was great fun and great learning experience.

It was a great journey and I will miss not being here. To my juniors..please make full use of this fantastic opportunity and enjoy while you are here!!

4 comments:

LoonyTalk said...

Congrats re! Never realized that you are already done...
Anywayz, somewhat surprising to see you mentioning only the nostalgia in the post and not about the do's and don'ts for placements/acads/... based on your experience. Given that your peers looked up to you, that may be a good way to pay back.
Nevertheless, have fun!

Thatha said...

and a bull becomes all senti... miracles never cease :)

Anonymous said...

We love you Daga. :) Always will.

Shrutz said...

Daga rocks. Always :)