Wednesday, March 22, 2006

The ultimate disaster!!!

Well it could not have been worse thats for sure. It was worse than the worst night mare I have ever had. What am I talking about ....what else then IIM Calcutta interview. It went very very bad!!! You be the judge. My only hope is that it was a stress interview but I got the feeling that it is not. Anyways lets see. As usual there were 3 panelist. We had a horrible GD. There was a time when every one of us was talking. As usual we were supposed to talk about the topic at the end of the GD for one minute. I was the last to go and most of the guys were summarizing the topic. Well I did not and went on to speak about the topic for a minute as I felt this was what they wanted.

Venue: IIM Bangalore
Date: 16th March 2006
Time: 9.30AM

3 panelist. Left(L); Right(R) and centre(C)

C: Have a seat. Tell me something about your self!!
I: (It was what I had mugged up for the last one month and vomitted out there....)
C: What was your favourite subject?
I: Theory of Computation. (i guess he did not know much about it so he went into other field)
C: You are from CS. Tell me about Neumann architecture?
I: Dont know sir.
C: Can you tell me the P4 architecture
I: Dont know sir?
C: What comprises an architecture?
I: I was able to answer it and he added on a couple of points.
C: Did you do any microprocessor in your courses? (Before i can answer) Ok what is clock stealing?
I: remembered something but what I spoke was wrong.
C: What is over clocking
I: (Finally i know something!!!) I was able to answer this.
C: What are advantages and disadvantages of this?
I: was able to answer this as well
C: you are good at maths?
I: Ye, Sir.
C: What is chaos theory
I: (I had no clue!!!) Dont know sir.
C: You should read not just read the text books especially of the subjects you like.
I: I nodded( What was i supposed to do?)
R: Can you draw a sine curve for me on the black board?
I: Was able to do this.
R: Can you draw a tan curve?
I: easy again
R: How many maximas and minimas does a sine curve have?
I: infinite sir
R: How about tan. Would it have a maxima or minima?
I: I said no sir it wont as it goes to -infinity and plus infinity as we approach pi/2 and -pi/2
R: what is the periodicity of sine curve?
I: (screwed up big time here) I said pi. (I don't know how!!!)
R: Take a seat.
I: Thanks sir.
L: You read news papers?
I: yes sir.
L: which one
I: The Hindu
L: There has been a change recently in it. Do you know about it.
I: (I had no idea!!!) No sir.
L: who is the editor
I: (there goes the last hope!!) no idea sir. (all of them smile)
L: where is it printed from .. i mean originally
I: no clue sir
L: u had done a course state polity and society. what is the difference between plity and politics.
I:(I did not remember much of it anyways!!). did not say a single word.
C: Ok! you may leave now.
I: Thanks sir.


well I had hoped C would be a cake walk and i was brought down to earth like anything. Hope that it was not as bad as it seems to me. Anyways bbye C. lets hope i can covert B and A and then choose among them

No comments: