Tuesday, March 14, 2006

What a match!!!

Well after all the euphoria has settled down of the match between Australia and South Africa let us see what implication it has for the ODI cricket. Is it a harbinger of what is to come?? (I hope so!!). Will 450 be a chasable score in crciket some time from now on? All the indiactions are there and pointing to the fact that this might be a possibility. Powerplays (20 overs available for hitting), lightning fast out field and short boundaries allow more runs being scored now. With better bat technology and also stronger and fitter players run scoring has become quicker in both the ODI as well as the test form of the game.
But still then, to chase 434. My God!! I can't still believe it. I am out and out Australian fan (my roomates hate me for it!) and was disheartend to a certain extent at the end of the game to loose a game like this. But I was on SA side after the 35 overs of SA innnigs. The way they came out after conceding 434 thinking about the chase showed immense mental toughness. This has to go down as the best one day ever played and it is going to take some doing in making this as number 2.

No comments: